houses at Sea Road, pair of
semi-detached houses, New Brighton, Cheshire, for G. E. Marshall.
The two houses are
contained within a single rectangular block with a hipped roof. They are separated at ground
floor level by a tunnel going from front to back of the building. The walls are roughcast, with
plinths in black brick, but with a label indicating 'tar' as an alternative; the windows have stone dressings, the roof is covered
with grey tiles and the chimneys are of black and brown bricks.
Image courtesy of RIBA
Image published in The British
Architect, 21st October 1910.
Text published in The British Architect, 21st
October 1910, p.287.