TY BRONNA.


St Fagan's Road, Fairwater, on the outskirts of Cardiff,

South Glamorgan, Wales.

1903

For W. Hastings Watson.

 

Stables 1904.

 

Drawing on www.archiseek.com
RIBA Drawings Collection

 

 

 RIBA Drawings Collection

 

 

 

Ty Bronna, Saint Fagan's, Glamorgan, Wales, Photograph Courtauld Institute of Art

 

 

Photo Courtauld Institute of Art

 

 

Photo by living room on flickr

 

 

Photo by living room on flickr

 

 

 

 

Photo by locus imagination on flickr

 

 

Photo by living room on flickr

 

 

Photo by locus imagination on flickr

 

 

Photo by living room on flickr

 

 

Photo by locus imagination on flickr

 

 

Photo Courtauld Institute of Art

 

 

Ty Bronna, photo by living room on flickr

 

 

Ty Bronna, stable block (1904), photo by living_room on flickr

 

Photographs and Drawings Courtesy of The Royal Institute of British Architects.
Photographs, drawings, perspectives and other design patterns
at the Royal Institut of British Architects Drawings and Photographs Collection.
Images can be purchased.
The RIBA can supply you with conventional photographic or digital copies
of any of the images featured in RIBApix.


Link > RIBApix (Voysey Images)

 

Link > Design for Ty-Bronna, St Fagan's Road, Fairwater, Cardiff, for Hastings Watson:
            plan, elevations and section of the stable block
(design II),
            RIBA Drawings Collection.

 

Link > Set on Flickr by living room

Link > Photos by locus imagination on Flickr

Link > Description and photo on Flickr

__________________________________

 

www.cadw.wales.gov.uk Forty-Seventh Annual Report 2002–03

Ty Bronna, Cardiff

Ty Bronna is a Grade II* listed building on the outskirts of Cardiff.

It was built in 1903–06 for Hastings Watson and was the only

house in Wales designed by C. F. A.Voysey, the important and

influential domestic architect.The architect’s original designs survive.

There are some differences between these and the completed

building.The house has three storeys and is clad in roughcast render

with ashlar stone surrounds framing intricate steel casement windows.

The house was converted for hospital and then ambulance service

use in the mid-twentieth century but when it first came before the

Council in 1998 it was unoccupied and derelict and had suffered

from theft and vandalism. Subsequently it was damaged by a fire,

but the view was taken that it was still possible to repair and restore

the building.

Recognizing its importance, the Council recommended grant for

emergency works to protect the building from the elements while

a scheme of restoration was prepared. Further grant to the owners,

the Cadwyn Housing Association, facilitated the restoration of the

property.The works have now been completed and the result is an

important building once more being used for housing.

 

 

Return to Voysey Homepage <

 

 besucherzaehler-homepage

 

 

 

  http://wgglobal.de